Have you written your memoir, general fiction or poetry?
Are you keen to get published?
Crumps Barn Studio is here to help you fulfil your dreams as an author.
Whether you are hoping to publish just a few copies for friends and family, or if you are ready to release your book as a commercial venture, we pride ourselves on being affordable and effective. Our turn around time is only a matter of weeks from receipt of your finished text to seeing your book in print. We can publish your book to Amazon and Amazon Kindle and we pay an excellent royalty rate for books sold through these mediums.
All cover design work and text formatting is included and if you use our regular publishing package, you will receive 20 print copies of your book delivered straight to your door free of charge. Larger print runs are always available.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch.
How much does it cost?
We can publish your book to Amazon Kindle and Amazon paperback for as little as £495.
Amazon Kindle is a wonderful way of reaching readers from all over the world. It is an ebook format. Included in our publishing service is all text formatting and layout work to ensure your book works as beautifully on a digital screen as it does in print.
Amazon paperback printing is a new service offered by Amazon. It is also an international service so friends and fans from far-flung places can still have the opportunity to read your book in a beautifully produced paperback edition. Included in our publishing service is all text formatting, layout and cover design work, ensuring the print edition of your book will be a real treasure.
What is not included?
- Text editing. When you choose this service you should be ready to provide us with a finished proof-read word document of your text (it forms part of our publishing agreement). We may have to charge an administrative fee to correct faults that are discovered at a late stage that are not our own errors. If you haven’t had the chance to get your book checked for errors, proof-reading is available as an additional service. Please ask for a personalised quote.
- Marketing and PR. We will gladly give general suggestions for the marketing of your book but advertising is not included in our publishing agreement. We will be able to provide posters and other marketing material upon request as an additional service. Please get in touch to discuss your needs.
- Very long or complicated texts may require more formatting time and therefore incur a slightly higher cost. We will discuss this thoroughly with you so you know what your options are, and we are, of course, absolutely delighted to consider text of any length!
- Edits to the text after publishing. Thanks to the wonderful nature of Amazon books, errors such as that one niggling typo that you spot later can be amended at any time. Changes may incur an administrative cost.
- Colour printing and photographic books. The cost of printing and producing Children’s picture books or photographic books depends on the format. We will be very happy to discuss your needs and to provide you with a personalised quote.
- Image scanning. We can scan your slides, printed photographs and illustrations for you at cost. Please get in touch.
- Copyright of the cover design and the appearance of your book. You retain full rights over your text but the copyright for cover design and images (unless originally supplied by you), and the appearance of the pages in the print edition and the appearance of the ebook edition rests with Crumps Barn Studio. You will be provided with a jpeg of the cover for you to use when marketing your book and you can use this however you like. You can purchase usage rights for the original digital files if, for example, you decide to assume responsibility for publishing your work yourself and only wish to use us as the design team.
- Works of an extreme nature. We like everyone and we like everyone to be nice. Although authors should absolutely dare to be brave, we reserve the right to decline to publish your book if we feel we cannot adequately meet your requirements.
Do you need a larger print-run?
If you think you need more than 20 copies, you can buy more from Amazon at a reduced price (please note you will not accrue royalties on any books bought at a reduced price). Alternatively, if you are the sort of author who will be doing events and you require a good stock of books to meet demand, we will be very pleased to commission a larger print run for you. A guide price for this is £350 for 100 paperbacks. This is only a guide price and based on 100 copies of an average length book with black and white text printing. Your quote will be personalised to your book. Delivery is free to one address on the UK mainland only.
What is in the publishing agreement?
Our style of publishing is a half-way house between self-publishing and mainstream publishing. When you sign our publishing agreement, you will be agreeing that your text is finished and we can publish your book for you. You’ll agree that our publishing service will cost an agreed sum and that your work is free from any legal challenges, copyright infringements or risk of libel. Like self-published authors, you retain your rights over your work at all times but like any mainstream publisher, we will pay royalties for any sales through our outlets while your book remains on our publishing system. The agreement can be cancelled by either party with thirty days’ notice. We hope however you’ll love our service and stay with us for years to come!